“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
The weekly reminder that I can and do make an effort to progress every week, no matter how frustrated I feel.
- I wrote three blog posts for my new skiing project. (This one surprised me — I felt like I’d been procrastinating on that project, but instead I made some progress.)
- I’m still paying attention to my emotions. It’s getting easier.
- I spent a little quality time with my roommate. We just drove into Coeur d’Alene and had dinner, but it was nice.
- I feel like I’m starting to make a friend at work and that I’m becoming a little friendlier with everyone I work with in general.
- I found a theme for 2012. That was completely unexpected; I wasn’t thinking about next year at all, but I think I’ll really enjoy my return to childhood.
I also saw some results from last week — I had a response to one of my job applications! I expect to hear more details next week.
* * *
Honestly, it’s been a frustrating week. Before I found the Stevenson quote I’d never considered measuring my progress with anything but results; I appreciate the reminder that my effort is worthwhile.